AIESEC Induction

OMG. How do I even begin.. Today was induction day at Curtin. It was a joint thing with UWA AIESEC. I honestly didn't have high expectations for today, like any induction I thought it would be long and boring but how wrong I was. I came in with nothing, and walked out of the event with tons of new found friends, life stories, goals, dance moves and lots and lots of chants. It hasn't been an easy day but nonetheless it has been a lot of great fun.

Break - free energy drinks.. woo!

With Ramya
The first thing I learned about AIESEC is that we are not just a club or an organisation, we are one big family full of people from different walks in life, different stories to tell and different inspirations and goals. It was refreshing to meet new people who has the same passion that I do. 'Roll calls' - you're dance moves will be tested buddy. You had to dance to so many songs in different languages, this is because it is an AIESEC tradition to express yourself in dance as it can be considered as a universal form of expression.

We had sausage sizzle for lunch which was amazing, we did tons of group discussion, sessions, learnt about AIESEC traditions and history and divided up into our portfolios.

I'm in MAC, which is the Marketing and Communications but will also be doing University Relations. I am absolutely looking forward to a fantastic year with AIESEC and all the life long friends that i'll be meeting. I guess in a nutshell, AIESEC is the fulfilment that I have been looking for, that missing something that I wanted to devote myself.

All in all, today was exhausting! From 9am-5pm is not a joke but I had lots of fun and looking forward to an awesome year ahead :D


Signing off,

Ly x


CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top